Marble Polishing Crème
RESTORE IT™ is ready-to-use polishing cream that will re-polish worn marble, travertine, terrazzo, polished limestone, and may also be used to polish concrete after honing.
It provides the stone with a natural polish in the same manner the stone is polished at the factory using normal equipment.
Watermarks, etching from fruit juices and alcohol, as well as minor surface scratches, can be removed while restoring a high degree of natural polish.
Environmentally friendly; will resist “burning”, and allows the natural stone to breathe; it contains no solvents and is VOC compliant.
Authorized UL Product
- The surface must be clean.
- On floor surfaces, make sure all waxes, floor finish, or other coatings are removed. If a coating is on the floor, use NCL HURRICANE™ Intensive Stone Cleaner for removal.
PLEASE NOTE: Worn out or damaged surfaces may require resurfacing prior to polishing.
- (NOTE: SHAKE BOTTLE WELL BEFORE USE.)
- Protect all adjacent areas to the intended restoration surface.
- All adjacent carpet, wood, glass, polished brass, and other non-masonry surfaces should be covered or otherwise protected from any possible overspray from machinery or another contact with this product.
- When the work area has been cleaned and all adjacent areas have been protected, moisten the work area with clean water and apply RESTORE-IT™ (normally 2 oz. per each 15 sq. ft. or 1.39 sq. meters of restoration). Add enough water to make the cream into a flowable slurry and polish the surface with a low-speed machine and a red or white polishing pad.
Most stone surfaces need only 4 or 5 passes (east-west / north-south) in each direction for re-polishing; however, you should test in a small area to determine the time required for your situation.
- When re-polishing is achieved, vacuum the slurry; immediately flood rinses the work area, and vacuum again. Towel dry and move to next area. Work in small, manageable areas (approx. 4’ X 4’, 1.48 sq. meters) and complete the work in a checkerboard fashion backing toward the exit.
DO NOT TRACK SLURRY OVER COMPLETED AREAS.
Protect completed areas from overspray by wetting with clean water. After the entire job is complete, rinse well with clean water or a mild solution of NCL HURRICANE (1 oz. per gallon of water) and vacuum it well.
For daily maintenance after re-polishing, use the SCS Daily Maintenance System (HURRICANE™); see the STONE CARE SOLUTIONS™ brochure for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Black marbles are more sensitive than most other marble surfaces and require more care when re-polishing. – Most green marble surfaces and some white marble surfaces will not re-polish using this method.